free·keh | ˈfrēkə |
a cereal food made from unripened wheat that has been roasted and crushed into small pieces, used especially in Middle Eastern cooking: cook the freekeh in simmering salted water for about 15 minutes, then drain.
Arabic farīka, from farīk ‘rubbed’, from faraka ‘to rub’ (the grain is rubbed between the hands, so that the husks can be blown away).
`O’ LEVEL COUNTER CULTURE
Timewarp allowed: 3 hours. Do not scrawl situationalist graffiti in the
margins or stub your rollups in the inkwells. Orange may be worn. Credit
will be given to candidates who self-actualise.
(1) Compare and contrast Pink Floyd with Black Sabbath and say why
neither has street credibility.
(2) “Even Buddha would have been hard pushed to reach Nirvana squatting
on a juggernaut route.” Consider the dialectic of inner truth
and inner city.
(3) Discuss degree of hassle involved in paranoia about being sucked
into a black hole.
(4) “The Egomaniac’s Liberation Front were a bunch of revisionist
ripoff merchants.” Comment on this insult.
(5) Account for the lack of references to brown rice in Dylan’s lyrics.
(6) “Castenada was a bit of a bozo.” How far is this a fair summing
up of western dualism?
(7) Hermann Hesse was a Pisces. Discuss.